There is no drive letter on the flashed USB
Sometimes when you are flashing msOS to a larger USB or SSD, Windows won't automatically assign the letter to your freshly flashed USB. In this case, you will need to assign a drive letter manually.
- Open Computer management from your search or Start menu.
- Find Disk management tab which will list all of your disks.
- Click on the disk that represents the USB with your right mouse button.
- Select and click Change drive letters and paths.
- Click Change.
- Choose from a list of available drive letters (don't select a letter that is already reserved for other disks, such as A, B, C, or D).
- Click OK.
- Click Yes to confirm your change.
- Close the disk management and computer management windows.
- If the disk still doesn't use the correct letter, reboot your computer.
Was this article helpful?