How can I set up Windows mining software?
Windows node requires the following software installed on the rig:
- Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013
- Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2015
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 (already included in Windows 10)
You can set up Windows node with the following steps:
- Disable your firewall*.
- Disable antivirus (Windows Defender)**.
- Download the latest software.
- Unzip the content and open the installer.
- Follow the installation process.
- Open the shortcut.
- Enter your access key and worker name.
- Click on button [Start mining].
* The firewall can disable the API port, preventing the Windows node to fetch the stats from your miner.
** Windows Defender and any other third-party antivirus software can sometimes block different mining clients.
Was this article helpful?