Socket connection closed remotely by pool
There could be different reasons why your socket connection was closed by pool. We will list the most common ones.
- If you have correct ports opened on the router;
- If your internet is working as it should;
- If it works by connecting directly with the internet cable instead of WiFi;
- If your router isn't blocking the pool you are using;
- If your ISP (firewall) isn't blocking the pool you are using.
You are connecting to the wrong pool
- If the port you are connecting to is correct;
- If you mistyped the pool's stratum address;
- If the pool is down for everyone or only for you;
- If your mining client requires special parameter in the configuration that manages the pool connection (e.g.,
-esm parameter in Claymore ETH miner);
- If your configuration is correct (you entered correct algorithm parameter).
Improve your mining operation with minerstat
It's easy and free to get started
Sign up now