Nvidia throttling - Software thermal slowdown
For some Nvidia GPUs, you will see this error displayed as:
Nvidia software thermal slowdown is an indicator of:
- GPU's temperature being higher than the maximum operating temperature or
- GPU's memory temperature being higher than maximum operating memory temperature.
Thermal throttling can be solved by:
- Increasing the speed of your fans to cool down the GPUs even more;
- Reducing your overclocking settings and making them less intense;
- Improving your cooling and ventilation system of the rig.
Keep in mind that not all GPUs are affected by this.
It's easy to get started and it's free
Use minerstat software and improve your mining operation
Sign up for free