Nvidia throttling - Slowdown
For some Nvidia GPUs, you will see this error displayed as:
Nvidia throttling slowdown can happen:
- when temperature is too high,
- when external power brake assertion is being triggered,
- when power consumption is too high,
- and sometimes during core clock changes.
When this event is triggered the core clocks will be reduced.
Thermal throttling can be solved by:
- Increasing the speed of your fans to cool down the GPUs even more;
- Reducing your overclocking settings and making them less intense;
- Improving your cooling and ventilation system of the rig.
Keep in mind that not all GPUs are affected by this.
It's easy to get started and it's free
Use minerstat software and improve your mining operation
Sign up for free